SALEM, N.Y. - (April 24 , 2008)
— The National Elevator Industry, Inc. (NEII) announced today the election of its new Board of Directors, including officers and Trust Committee members. These elections became effective April 15, 2008, and were made in conjunction with NEII's annual meeting held in Newark, New Jersey. The newly elected Board of Directors and officers include:
• Randy Wilcox, President
- Wilcox currently holds the position of president, North and South America Area (NSAA) for Otis Elevator Company, where he is responsible for all business operations in these regions. He has more than 25 years of industry experience and is entering his second term on the NEII board.
• Vance Tang, Vice President
- Tang is the North American Area Director for KONE Corporation and President and CEO for KONE Inc. He is responsible for the elevator and escalator business as well as the door service business being developed in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
• Margaret Rusnock, Treasurer
- Rusnock is the assistant controller, internal controls for Otis Elevator Company, where she has worked for the past six years. This is her first role with NEII.
• Edward Donoghue, Secretary
- Donoghue is the spokesperson and managing director for NEII. He has served NEII for over 30 years, acted as chair of numerous industry organizations and is one of the foremost authorities on elevator codes and safety, formerly serving as NEII's Codes and Safety Consultant.
• Michael Corbo,
Mitsubishi Elevator - Corbo is general manager/senior vice president of Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics, USA's elevator and escalator division. Corbo has more than 20 years of industry experience and has been involved with NEII for 6 years; including serving as NEII's board president from 2005 to 2007.
• Barry Pletch,
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Company - Pletch serves as Chief Executive Officer of ThyssenKrupp Elevator's Americas Business Unit, where he is responsible for all business operations in North and South America.
• Kenny Yamashiro,
Fujitec America, Inc. - Yamashiro is Chief Operating Officer for all Fujitec America operations. He has 23 years of experience and has served with the company in Japan, Asia and Europe.
• Jakob Züger,
Schindler Elevator Corporation - Züger was appointed to membership of the Schindler Group Management Committee as Chief Operating Officer of Schindler Elevator Corporation in 2006, with responsibility for North, Central and South America. Prior to his current role, he served as CEO of Schindler Elevator Ltd., Ebikon/Switzerland.
The NEII Board of Directors is responsible for managing and directing the affairs of the association as it pertains to its mission statement, which includes driving the formation of codes and standards, providing and supporting educational activities and acting as a conduit for communicating industry information.
The Trust Committee is solely responsible for administering the rights and obligations of NEII with regards to the NEII Benefits and Educational Trusts. The newly-elected Trust Committee includes:
• Timothy Grace, Chairman,
Schindler Elevator Corporation - Grace is a member of the Schindler Management Committee and is responsible for human resources initiatives across the United States and Canada.
• Gregory Garger, Vice Chairman,
Otis Elevator Company - Garger is vice president of human resources, North and South America Area (NSAA), Otis Elevator Company.
• Bruce Brenizer,
Mitsubishi Elevator - Brenizer serves as senior vice president of human resources, Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics U.S.A., Inc.
• Charles Moore,
KONE, Inc. - Moore holds the position of senior vice president of human resources, KONE, Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of KONE Corporation.
• J. Patrick Heaney,
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Company - Heaney serves as Vice President of Labor Relations for the U. S. Field Operations of ThyssenKrupp Elevator Corporation. He has 22 years of experience in the elevator industry and has held a variety of positions in labor relations and human resources.
"NEII's ongoing success can be largely attributed to the vast and varied experiences of the board members and trust committee," says Randy Wilcox, president, NEII Board of Directors. "I'm convinced that the newly-elected board will continue to advance NEII's objectives, building on past progress and bringing new perspectives to the issues at hand in the area of codes and safety."
The National Elevator Industry, Inc. is a national trade association that represents the interests of corporations, firms or companies that, as part of their regular business, manufacture elevators, escalators, or moving walks (including parts and components); or install, repair and maintain related equipment. Trust membership is available to those corporations, firms, or companies who, as part of their regular business, employ members of the International Union of Elevator Constructors (IUEC) and contribute to the benefit trusts (Trusts) established by agreements between the IUEC and NEII. NEII promotes safe building transportation and works with various organizations on the formation, adoption and enforcement of the latest codes and standards. For more information about NEII, log on to www.neii.org
# # #
Gibbs & Soell Public Relations
Return to News Releases